Saturday, September 8, 2012

My First TIFF Experience!

So yesterday I went to Toronto for the red carpet premiere of Imogene at the Toronto International Film Festival. I originally planned on going with a couple friends but they ended up not being able to go, and VERY last minute I found someone to go with! And when I say last minute, I mean it. I found out around 12:15pm I had someone to go with and the red carpet started at 2:30pm and I live nearly an hour away from Toronto! My mom tried to drive me to catch a train to the city, but I missed it, so my mom drove me to Toronto and I met up with my friend there!

I tried to get tickets when they went on sale last week to see Imogene at the premiere date yesterday, but the tickets for that sold out really fast. I did end up getting tickets to see the movie on September 16th though so I'll be seeing it then! I just wanted to go to the red carpet to try and see and/or meet Kristen Wiig and especially Darren Criss since he's in the movie too and I'm a huge fan of his!

My friend and I were lucky enough to get really close to the front of the crowd on the sidewalk, right where the celebrities were getting out of their vehicles, and I ended up getting a photo with Darren Criss and getting his autograph!!



I'll post a bunch of pictures I took of Kristen Wiig and Darren Criss during the red carpet below if you want to see them!

Kristen Wiig!



This guy didn't have a camera so he was taking pictures with PhotoBooth on his MacBook! So funny!

Darren Criss!




Darren's parents were there too!

I had such an amazing time yesterday. I still can't believe I got to meet one of my favourite actors and singers.

1 comment: