Thursday, January 30, 2014

2014 Goals


I've never really been one to make (or keep) new years resolutions. Which is why for the past couple of years I've created a list of goals for myself instead. I like writing them down to keep track of them, and at the end of the year looking back to see what I accomplished. Some goals are easily attainable, and others are bigger dreams of mine, but I like setting those larger goals to really give myself something to work towards. I really hope I get to cross these all off my list in 2014!


1. Go to New York City
I've wanted to travel to NYC for as long as I can remember. I'm such a city girl and it seems like such an incredible place to visit. And, it's not even that far from me (I live in Southern Ontario), so to me this seems like a pretty attainable goal if I find the time and people to go with! I'm already partially there too because I have a few internet friends and we're starting to plan a trip there for this July!

2. Move to Toronto
I currently live about an hour outside of Toronto but I love it there. I'm in Toronto 5 days a week for my internship for school, and I sometimes still come out here on the weekend. Like I mentioned earlier, I'm such a city girl and I can't wait to move here one day. I'm hoping to find a job out here when I'm done school in the spring and then hopefully I can start working towards finding a place and moving out here!

3. Read 10 books
I love reading. But I don't always make time for reading, even though I do have quite a bit of down time (3+ hours of commuting everyday to and from Toronto for example). Last summer when I got my iPad I read book after book after book on it. I typically prefer reading actual physical books, but it's so easy to read eBooks because I always have my iPad with me. If you have any book suggestions, let me know! I have yet to start on this goal but hopefully I'll get a start on it soon!

4. Get published
This is one of those larger goals that I'm not sure if it'll actually happen, but I'm going to try. I am a graphic design student as well as a music photographer so it'd be really cool if something I designed or one of my photos got published in a magazine or book! There's a design magazine called Applied Arts that holds student awards every year and I've never entered but this year I'm going to submit some of my work. It would be so cool to have something I designed published and permanently in that issue of the magazine.

5. Get back into blogging
Well, as you can tell, this one is going quite well so far! I just hope I can keep it up for the rest of the year! I really do enjoy blogging on here, last year I just got lazy and didn't really put the effort into it towards the end of the year. I'm determined not to give up this time!

6. Create more
I've always been an artistic person and I love creating things. Whether it's crafts, DIY projects, painting, drawing, hand lettering - I love it all. However this is another thing I've been lazy about in the past and I'd really like to get back into creating things on a more regular basis. I could also share things I create here on my blog!

7. Photograph 12 shows
I am a music photographer and often shoot shows for my webzine. Last year I was lucky enough to photograph 12 shows, and I hope I get to shoot just as many this year! Music is something I really enjoy, so getting to shoot my favourite bands is so much fun for me.

8. Work harder on AOM
My friend and I run a webzine called Admit One Media (AOM), and last year we both admittedly let it take a bit of a backseat. To be fair, we both had quite busy schedules last year, but this year we have both agreed to put more effort in posting on it and creating content for it such as doing reviews and interviews. It's something we started when we were 16 (4 years ago) so I'd really love to see it continue to grow!

9. Take more pictures
I used to take my camera with me everywhere and photograph anyone and anything. Last year I feel like the only time I took my camera with me was when I was shooting a concert. I really want to get back into taking photos just for the sake of taking them! Not for any purpose other than to enjoy myself and capture memories.

10. Clean out my room & closet
I hate to admit it, but I'm a tiny bit of a hoarder. I don't like to let things go or throw things away. And because of this, my room has accumulated quite the bit of clutter. I really need to go through my things and toss what needs to be tossed. I've been thinking about setting up a shop where I can sell my gently used clothing and accessories that I no longer wear so that way they can go to a more loving home! Especially since I plan on moving out in the next year, this is something that really needs to get done.

Do you have any goals or resolutions you set for yourself this year? I'd love to hear about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment