Friday, January 24, 2014

I'm Back (Again)!


Hi everyone! Happy 2014!!!

After another long break I've decided to come back and blog again! One of the goals I had set for myself in 2013 was to keep up with blogging on here. I did well for the first half of the year but slowly stopped posting, and now I haven't posted anything in 4 months. Well in 2014 I want to actually successfully complete my goal and blog consistently this year!

The first big difference I'm sure you already noticed is the layout change. I wanted to start fresh this year with a new look to Lipstick & Lacquer and I love the nice clean look of an all black & white layout. Feels like a fresh start! So I guess I'll fill you in a little bit from where we left off. Since September I turned twenty (on October 19th), went to some cool concerts and events, continued working at Target, finished my design portfolio for my final year in school, and now I'm in my last semester of my program! To make this post less text-heavy I thought I'd share a few of my Instagram photos from the past few months to show you what I've been up to!

This probably isn't a big deal to many of you but I finally bought myself a pair of Dr. Martens boots. I've wanted some for quite a few years and I finally bought some and I wear them constantly! (Also this was taken back in the fall pre-polar vortex.)

I celebrated my 20th birthday in October! These are the goodies my parents (well really my mom) got for me and everything here I've used so much already, I love all the products (the MSF is in Centre of Attention and the lipstick is Rebel)!

I went to Buffer Festival in Toronto which was honestly one of the best weekends of my life. I got to meet so many amazing YouTubers and hung out with the best people there.

One of the concerts I went to was Paramore and it was incredible. This was my third time seeing Paramore but this was the closest to the stage I had ever been and it was amazing being so up close! I actually have already bought tickets for Paramore's tour with Fall Out Boy this summer and I have meet & greet passes to meet Paramore, I can't wait!

Lastly, and probably the most exciting for me, is I finished my final portfolio for school (I'm taking Graphic Design) which was the most stressful time in school for me but I'm so happy with the work I created. For my final semester in school (which I am currently in) I had to find an internship somewhere for a few months and I got my internship at Flare Magazine which has been so surreal so far. If you live in Canada be sure to check out next month's issue when it comes out because you'll see my name in the masthead! If you want to see my portfolio online you can see it here!

So now I am working in Toronto 5 days a week at my internship for school, and then on the weekends still working at Target and attempting to have a little bit of a social life in there somewhere. It's crazy busy and hectic but I wouldn't rather be doing anything else.

How have you guys been? I hope you've had a great start to your year and I look forward to sharing my year with you! Also if you have any suggestions of posts I should make, let me know! I was thinking about doing a 2013 beauty favourites post but wasn't sure if it was too late for that? Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're back! Those photos from Buffer Festival look very familiar.... hmmm.....
    Looking forward to your posts!
    - Janine from janinemaral.com

    ReplyDelete