Tuesday, June 3, 2014

eBay Synthetic Kabuki 10 Piece Brush Set Review

eBay Synthetic Kabuki Brush Set Review Sigma Sigmax Dupes
A few weeks ago I got this 10-piece synthetic kabuki brush set in the mail from eBay. The set cost me around $12 with free shipping which is a great bargain. Since it was from eBay, however, it took quite a while to get to me. But since shipping was free I didn't mind so much.

To others in the beauty community I'm sure these brushes look quite familiar. They're basically knock-offs for the Sigma Sigmax Kabuki line. I have one brush from the Sigma line, the F80, and I love it, so I wanted to try these out to see how they compare!
eBay Synthetic Kabuki Brush Set Review Sigma Sigmax Dupes
The first 5 brushes in the line are larger face brushes. So far I've used these for foundation and they're fantastic. The only one I haven't used for foundation is the 2nd brush here, the pointed one, which I have been using to blend out larger areas of concealer. The other 4 brushes all work great for foundation though! They aren't as dense as the Sigma brush I own, but they still work wonderfully. I don't find them making my foundation apply streaky or uneven. I have seen 1 or 2 hairs shed, but over the course of a couple of weeks of testing that's not too bad. My favourite of these 5 would probably be the 5th brush shown here, the angled brush with slight tapering at the top. It makes applying foundation so quick and easy.
eBay Synthetic Kabuki Brush Set Review Sigma Sigmax Dupes
The other 5 brushes in the set are these smaller brushes. Each of these smaller brushes are in a style similar to their larger counterparts (like the Sigma Sigmax line). When I received them in the mail, one of these brushes was really loose and the ferrule popped off the handle basically right away. It won't be a problem to glue back on though. So far I've tested these brushes for a variety of things. I've used them to blend out concealer, to apply cream eye shadows, to blend out cream shadow pencils, to set my under eye concealer with powder, and even to apply translucent powder over a lipstick to give it a matte look. Overall I'm pretty impressed with these brushes. The only downfall is that these ones are a little flimsy since they're not very dense. That's good for a lighter application of some products, but it can be hard to get concentrated products on an area if that's what you're looking for.

Overall I'm happy with these brushes and I would recommend them to anyone looking to get some synthetic brushes. I do prefer the larger face brushes over the small ones, but I'll still continue using the small ones I'm sure. These aren't as high quality as the Sigma brushes, but they are a really good alternative if you're looking to try something similar for a lower price. These brushes are also incredibly soft, and not rough whatsoever! They all hold their shape really well after washing them as well.

If you're interested, you can find these makeup brushes on eBay here!

What beauty products have you tried from eBay? What was your experience like?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these :D I love the F80 and its great that there's a similar alternative out there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're not as dense as the F80 but they're still really great! Definitely worth checking out I think!

      Delete
  2. I must try especially considering the price is only 12$.. yes, just yes.

    ReplyDelete